Machine Vision Systems - Lighting and Thermal Analysis
Consulting, Design and Provision of full solutions
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Selection of the technology to implement
- Acquisition Setup
- Grabbing Sensor
- Lighting Design
- Investigation on optical filters and polarizers
- Selection of processing algorithms and for data collection
- System Validation iand results analysis
- Training for technical staff
• Dimensional measurements
• Detection for defects
• Pieces counting
• Assembling check
• Optical character/codes recognition
• Identifying and robot picking
Configuration and Supplying of Machine Vision Systems:
2D Cameras, line scan cameras, Smart-Camera, Optics, LED Lighting, Laser Lighting, filters, polarizers, Embedded analyzers, FPGAs and IO upgradeable modules. Catalogue page >>
Vision Software and algorithms:
With hardware is provided - totally free of charge - a powerful graphical tool to develop vision applications. This system allows you a rapid development for your needs, with practical examples and macros for a rapid design. It is also provided a development SDK kit by which you can integrate our system with your manage software.
We offer training days in order to study and helping you in the development of your applications.
Design, Build and Supplying LED lighting systems for machine vision, characterized by high performance to meet your needs or to re-engineer existing applications, increasing benefits by reducing costs.Lighting is one of the most critical aspects regarding a machine vision system. Unfortunately, this is often penalized due to the strong specialization and the required know how in order to manage the light responses from a camera. We believe that the way "What You See Is What You Get" should be the main aim in designing artificial vision system.
Illuminators for machine vision systems
The goal to be achieved is not to classify different illuminators by their power or by luminous flux, but according to their true emitted light and to the detectable details. A vision system is balanced when: lighting, shutter and gain are well combined togheter.
If these aspects don't match might increase noise and the environmental contributions, by reducing speed and performance.
The big value of Lighting Systems made by Cover Sistemi is to be the combination of experiences in Optics, Machine Vision and Mechanics.
Examples of Designed Illuminators
• Rectangular Illuminators: different aspect ratios (height/length) - power from 10W up to 180W
• Spot Illuminators: high lighting values for smaller areas, macro acquisitions or for dark surfaces
• Ring Illuminators: bright-field and dark-field with different angles
• Back-light: high illuminance values and uniformity. Full LED or frame
• Linear Illuminators: continuous up to 3 meters in length. Cylindrical lens or focus.
All mentioned typologies can be built with the following characteristics:
• White Light, different color temperatures
• RGB Light
• Infrared Light IR850, IR940,
• Near-UV light
The lighting systems solutions dedicated to machine vision includes:
1. Optical design:
The main critical aspects to obtain good images for vision systems are:
- - Adjusting the directionality of a light beam. This parameter is evaluated according to the application: in order to better emphasize details through techniques of brightfield, darkfied or uniformity in a FOV. The directionality is ensured through the application of optics (Symmetrical, Asymmetric, Cylindrical or Custom), so you can manipulate the original flow in order to obtain the desired result.
- - Required illumination for the parts to be tested. The luminous flux is fixed a priori according both the setup and the materials (color/reflectivity etc.).
- - Chromaticity and performance maintaining over the time. We use the best suppliers in the world of LED chips. We constantly monitoring the flow characteristics and color temperature for each production lot, so we can offer high components quality.
Design and manufacturing of LED PCB boards with integrated optics (different type if required). Different substrates are available, FR4 or Metal Core, depending on the thermal and electrical required insulation (Class I / Class II / SELV).
3. 3D optical simulations
By using 3D optical simulation software we can determine the light output required on a targets before designing the illuminator. Different materials, with different characteristics, can lead to an unexpected result, thus affecting the quality of the application and forcing the integrator to develop complex algorithms in order to solve areas with wrong light conditions.
4. Power Supply/ Continuous or strobing Driver
We design and build products that can be adapted to all vision needs: from an integrated constant current driver to a strobe controller support. We tailor our systems to be directly used with the output (current or voltage) of the most common cameras, embedded analyzers and smart-camera.
5. Mechanical design/ fixings
Our mechanical office provides studies in order to define the shape and sizes of the chassis, the dissipation systems (active or passive) and the fastening system to the plants (supporting structures and brackets ). We perform projects for extrusion or die-casting molds (by using best technology, economically advantageous even for small batches). We can design and supply optical tempered glass and in PMMA.
Illuminators can be configured without IP protection or complying with IP65 / IP67 / IP68 and with anti-condensation system.
6. Mechanical and electrical working
Machining is performed entirely within our facilities, through completely automated CNC equipments. The maximum dimensions to achieve a one body illuminators is 10x1x0.5 meters. The electric assembling is performed with Anti-ESD equipment. Regarding the surface finishing, our suppliers carry out for us anodization treatments (different colors) or coating painting (different RAL)
7. Testing / Photometric Measures / Thermal analysis
If required, we can perform specific tests, like:
• Electrical test
• Photometric measurements
• Test with IR systems for thermal dissipation
• Test by simulating the real working conditions.
Thermal imaging for electrical components and boards
Thermal imaging can be used like a non-destructive analysis for electronic boards and components. It allows you to detect working anomalies, can help you to design a best components positioning or in order to verify heat transfer characteristics between components and a dissipation system.
We offer a full service of thermal analysis, divided into the following points:
1 Inspections and searching for critical points
2 Measuring surveys during the time
3 Technical report describing measures performed and the results achieved